Saturday, May 3, 2014

Haulin' it - OPPA bargain styyyle!

Y - I - K - E - S!!!!!!!!!!! 
I thiiink it's safe to say I've become a bit of a beauty addict... 
And I am going to enter a plea of insanity under the defense: THE BLOGGER MADE ME DO IT!
My dear nail blogger buddy, Liesl of Liesl Loves Pretty Things has been true to her "resolution" of sorts to branch out into more beauty and fashion posts this year.  And I'm clearly loving - & influenced by them!  ;)


I have to mention, I've wanted white aviators for years now, but typically, they're of course metal frames with the actual nosepieces. Which get firmly tangled in my hair. So when I saw these, I was exstatic!!! They're not bad at all for $1 sunglasses! I hope they have more because I would like to pick up a backup or two in case these break. :)

e.l.f. is a brand that was not even on my radar at all really, until Liesl started showing us so many of their wonderful and affordable products!  I was definitely intrigued, but had never seen them in my area.  Then one day on a rare stop at my local K-Mart (in hopes of scoring the much-posted-about clearance Essie polishes), much to my dismay and pleasant surprise, what had appeared in the revamped beauty section but e.l.f. products?!  And as if that wasn't enough, our Wal-Mart got a square aisle display shortly thereafter!  So I umm... went hog wild.

1) e.l.f. Professional Total Face Brush - $1, Wal-Mart
2) e.l.f. Eyeshadow "C" Brush - $3, K-mart
3) Plastic aviator sunglasses - $1, Target dollar section!
4) OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around - ?? (roomie brought it home for me just today!)
5) Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick -$8.49, Walgreens
6) e.l.f. Smudge Brush - $1, Wal-Mart
7) e.l.f. Small Angled Brush - $3, K-mart
8) e.l.f. Concealer Brush - $1, Target
9) Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm - $2.99, Target
10) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet, - $5, K-mart
11) Woven plastic zipper clutch - $1, Target dollar section!
12) e.l.f. Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in purple - $3, K-mart
13) e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder - $3, K-mart
14) L'Oreal Infallible 24-hr eyeshadow in Sultry Smoke - $7.99, K-Mart
15) L'Oreal Carbon Black Pencil Perfect eyeliner - $3.99, K-Mart
16) L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess - $8.99, K-Mart
17) L'Oreal Infallible 24-hr eyeshadow in Endless Sea - $3.99, K-Mart (they were having a buy one, get one 1/2 off deal on L'Oreal eye products, so I splurged and got some fun & dramatic new stuff!)

All of that for just a HAIR under $50!!!!  In the words of Vector from Despicable Me: "OH YEAH!"  :D 




I realized just a moment ago that it would've been more appropriate to include the L.A. Girl Sand Blast polish (Sands of Time, GREAT sub for Zoya Tomoko!) I picked up today at our Thrifty White drugstore, and the Cover Girl polish (Salt Water Taffy) that was also BOGO half off at Walgreens -- INSTEAD of the OPI since that is clearly not bargain, nor drugstore, but I was just sooo excited to finally have DBNMA that I threw it in my arrangement!  Oh well!
Also not shown here are the e.l.f. blotting sheets I grabbed at Target last weekend.  Just used one this afternoon and they work very well on my extra-oily teenager-like skin. :P  ...I'm 28. -_-
Oh, hence why I decided to give the Burt's Bees blemish rollerball a try!  I've tried every other  over-the-counter product, so why not?!  Some people might find the very strong herbal scent repulsive, but I rather like it.  It's got tea tree oil, juniper oil, willow bark, and a whole lotta alcohol! ...which I did not realize when I bought it, hence the BURN, but I can handle that.  Especially since it does in fact seem to be helping zits heal/disappear faster!

So far, I'm absolutely, positively pleased as punch with all of my purchases!  All of the L'Oreal eye products are fabulous - I use the mascara & liner almost every day, and I did play with the colors when I had a flexible amount of time to get ready for the day. ;)  Oh and they really DO wear all day... not 24 hours, by any means, but I got a good 12 hours out of the below look I did with Tarte Amazonian Clay primer as a base, and using Cover Girl and Victoria's Secret neutrals to temper the boldness of the colors.  LOVED it!  And I feel it came out pretty well considering my limited knowledge when it comes to all things beauty-related.




So there you have it, folks!  My first insane infusion of beauty products and well, this would've been posted on Saturday in the fashion of Liesl's "Happy Caturday" beauty posts, but I was multitasking and doing other things while writing this.  And now it's Sunday!  I guess that IS  how the days of the week go!  LOL  Yup, overtired goofiness is settin' in.  :)
Have a fabulous remainder of your weekend, and if you want to know more about any of the items shown here, feel free to leave a comment.  I read & respond to all of them!



8 comments:

  1. I love this post!! The pics are so cool! And what a great eye shot! :D You've got me really curious about the blemish stick. Of course, I'd have to put it on during one of those rare moments when I wasn't wearing makeup, LOL...I love those shimmery L'Oreal eyeshadows. L'Oreal is one of my favorite drugstore brands, and I've used something or another by them since I was 15. I might check out an Infallible in a pale color when my current base color runs out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you, hon!!! :D I must admit, I'm quite proud of the edited pics, gracias a PicMonkey(.com)! If you've never tried out that site, you really should! It's a lot of fun, and: FREE ..."my favorite color," as Michelle says! hahaha don't ask me why! Synesthesia perhaps? No, not quite. ;)
      Oh I just put it on over my foundation, as long as I'm chillin' out at home for the rest of the night. I'm sure it's better to use it after washing your face, but I don't think it really matters. That stuff is powerful enough to "burn" through any makeup barrier, no doubt about it!!
      If you want a pale neutral Infallible, I think Iced Latte would be just the ticket for you... I really like the looks of it, and almost want it just because of the name! Me 'n my latte addiction, ya know. :)

      Delete
  2. Aren't those collages and haul shots so freakin' much fun to make?! e.l.f. products are indeed fab! I just picked up a few more of their Professional line brushes. I've been using the blending eye brush for about a week now and it's seriously the best blending brush I've used. LOVE IT. Nice to hear their blotting papers are good, too-- I go through the Clean & Clear ones like nobody's business so I'll definitely be giving these a shot... Why have I not before? For $1?! Seriously. I can't wait to hear what you think of Red Velvet! I got all obsessed with MAC Russian Red this winter so I forewent Red Velvet but hey, rules are made to be broken, maybe that roaring 20s red will get some playtime this spring and summer ;) Your eye look is stunning and you really should do more of them. Also, I've suddenly got some Elvis in my head.... Awesome post, girlie ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss I love me some PicMonkey!!! :D They are time-consuming, but what about blogging isn't?! lolz ;) e.l.f. is totally my newest brand crush. ♥ It's crazy awesome to be able to get good quality products at prices that don't break the bank! You HAVE to pick up some of those blotting papers... I also used to use the C&C ones and holy moly do they get expensive. I'm pretty sure they're somewhere in the ballpark of $4 a pack, and I think there are less sheets than the e.l.f. (50). One heck of a bargain, if you ask me!
      Red Velvet is loooovely, although I've also been eyeing Fig Jam because I really want a dark, vampy red and am thinking if I layer the two, that might do the trick. RV is deceptively dark due to the concentration in stick form, but when I put it on, it gets lighter and uhh more "red" than the deep maroon? I was envisioning.
      YES let's break some rules, muh dear!!! hehehe :P Awwww thank you so much for your kind compliment on my bold eye! :D "Eye" need to play with those colors again soon, I think...
      Elvis, huh??? Uhhmm, Red Velvet... Blue Suede...shoes........??? I am not making the connection! LOLOL :P

      Delete
    2. I posted it under the wrong comment! lol. The song is Bossa Nova :)

      Delete
  3. I love hauls!!! You need to start a Youtube Channel now :) I'm making my stops to all of my Blogger BFF's to let you guys know that I am going back to work on the 27th and will have time to start reading blogs again. I can't wait to reconnect with all of you....I have missed you. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG ESSIE!!!!!!! :D :D I've missed you too & have been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering how you're doing?! How is the probably not so little one anymore?? I cannot believe how time flies... my newest baby niece is already a month old yesterday. And you already have to go back to work, huh? :-/ Ugh I bet that is going to be an awfully hard adjustment!
      P.S. No, I could never vlog, but thank you for the vote of confidence! :) Hauls are da bomb! Granted this one was over the course of a few weeks, but still... it's definitely a haul! LOL

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete